app.db Tweaks | Orbis Unjailed
What is app.db and what can I do with it?
- app.db is the file that holds a database of every single app / game installed on the PS4.
- By editing the file, you can hide system apps that are just wasting space or are useless on a jailbroken PS4 such as News, PS Store, PLAYROOM, etc.
- Note before trying that for some people, this can slow down their homescreen. As a result make a backup of the file.
Enough talk, let’s start…
- Download and install:
- Jailbreak using GoldHEN.
- Navigate to Settings > GoldHEN > Enable FTP. Take note of the IP Address.
- Open FileZilla and input PS4’s IP Address on host and 2121 on port.
- FileZilla > Server > Enter custom command > MTRW (must be all caps).
- Navigate to /system_data/priv/mms and copy app.db to Desktop.
- Open SQLite Browser and open app.db
- A list of all the apps will show. To hide a app, simply scroll right until you see isVisible. Input value 0 to hide or 1 to unhide.
- Save the file.
- Back to Filezilla simply replace app.db with the edited one.
- Reboot your PS4.