Backports | Orbis Unjailed
What is a backport and do I need it?
Enough talk, let’s start…
- Make sure you have your games and updates extracted, everything should be .pkg files.
- Download and extract AutoBackPort Tool:
For games without updates:
- Open AutoBackport, set Base Game as the game’s .pkg file and set Destination folder to a output folder.
- Build backported pkg file for the base game. (The result will be a small sized pkg file acting as a fake update)
- Add the main game pkg and the fake update pkg to the root of a USB drive.
- Plug the drive to the PS4.
- Navigate to the PS4 > Settings > GoldHEN > Package Installer and install main game pkg first then the fake update pkg.
For games with updates:
- Open AutoBackport, set Base Game as the game’s .pkg file, set Update PKG to the .pkg file and set Destination folder to a output folder.
- Add the main game pkg, update pkg and the fake update pkg to the root of a USB drive.
- Plug the drive to the PS4.
- Navigate to the PS4 > Settings > GoldHEN > Package Installer and install main game pkg first, update pkg second then fake update pkg.
Alternative method if AutoBackPort doesn’t work
- Download, install and save:
- In FPKG Tools folder, open orbis-pub-chk.exe. Drag the game pkg to Image List
- Select Extract files. Enter passcode as all 0’s. If the passcode is not 0’s, then you need a different pkg.
- Check Select all files and directories and set a Output directory. Hit Start. Wait and have patience.
- Drag and drop eboot.bin (extracted from previous step - in Image0 folder) to unfself.exe
- A new file should appear. Remove eboot.bin and rename the new eboot.bin.decrypted to eboot-old.bin.
- Open a cmd to the folder you saved the .py scripts.
- Run following command: downgrade_elf.py –sdk-version 05.050.001 –verbose eboot-old.bin eboot.bin (eboot-old.bin replace with directory of the file). Wait and have patience!
- Go to Sc0 folder and rename param.sfo to param-old.sfo.
- Run following command: downgrade_sfo.py –sdk-version 05.050.001 –system-version 05.050.000 –verbose param-old.sfo param.sfo (replace param-old.sfo with directory of the file).
- Go to Image0 > sce_module folder.
- Open HxD editor and open libc.prx.
- Hit Ctrl + F > Hex-values and search for: 18 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 BF F4 13 3C 01 00 00 00 . Replace the next 4 values after highlighted values with: 01 00 05 05
- Some modules are also linked with other modules. In this case, scroll down until you see a libc.prx decoded text. Last 4 values should have minimum FW too, so replace them with 05 05 00 01. Save file.
- Repeat the process for the remaining libSceFios2.prx and save the file.
- Go to Sc0 folder and copy every file to Image0 > sce_sys and replace the files if asked.
- Open GP4 Generator. In CUSAxxxx Dir put the directory of Image0
- Select Generate .GP4 and Save .GP4
- Open orbis-pub-gen.exe.
- Select .gp4 made and select Build. Set the output folder and select Build again.
- Install the pkg on your PS4 via Settings > GoldHEN > Package Installer.
- I installed everything and I get error CE-40740-5. This could be a result of multiple things. Check your PC folder’s permissions, available disk space & check and disable AntiVirus if it detected a false postivie. The tool is trusted and completely safe by the PS4 Homebrew community.