PS4 - PS Vita Cross-Saves | Orbis Unjailed
What are cross-saves?
- Cross-saves refer to saves that are compatible on 2 or more systems that can be used interchangeably.
- This guide will cover PS4 to PS Vita saves and vice versa.
Enough talk, let’s start…
- Both PS4 & PS Vita need to be hacked/jailbroken. Firmware doesn’t matter, game versions don’t matter either.
- For PS4: Apollo Save Tool
- For PS Vita: VitaShell
- Games need to follow the same or similar structure on both platforms (PS4 / Vita).
Copying and replacing saves
- Open Apollo Save Tool > HDD Saves > Your game.
- Export Decrypted Save Files and select your USB drive.
- Apollo will create a folder on the USB drive (PS4 > APOLLO). The save file should be called SYSTEM.DAT.
- Simply rename SYSTEM.DAT to system.bin (make sure you do rename the extension dat to bin and not system.bin.dat).
- Some games might have different naming schemes for the files but as long as both the Vita and PS4 have similar naming schemes then the games will most likely work.
- Copy the save to your Vita (any folder).
- On PS Vita make sure you open the game and wait until it makes a save. You need a save to be created so it can be replaced.
- Open VitaShell and navigate to ux0 > user > 00 > savedata.
- Once you see your game ID, press Triangle button > Open decrypted.
- Copy and replace system.bin.
- Note that “Checking DLC content” will show again on your Vita. A bit annoying if you have all of them, you will have to spam X. This is only a first time issue tho.
- Tested and confirmed working on Persona Dancing series (3, 4 & 5) & Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition,
- To do the same but from Vita to PS4, just follow the tutorial but backwards.