- This will NOT use a PSN account.
- Online play on a jailbroken PS4 works by using custom dedicated servers that DO NOT in any shape or form interfere with anything PSN related.
- What this means is that you can only play with other PS4’s that use the same method. If you have a friend with a normal PS4 (PSN Servers) they cannot play with you.
- Not all games are supported and do not expect same userbase as a regular PS4. Here is a list of supported games (more games will come sometime in the future):
Supported Game List for PS4
Enough talk, let’s start…
- Create a account, verify email and get your XTag here:
- Download and install the latest version of xLink Kai here:
xLink Kai Installer
- Launch Configure Kai and input your username and password.
- For the best performance you need to use a ethernet cable for both the computer and PS4.
- Every console on XLink Kai needs to be using a unique IP address to avoid conflicts. We do this based on the last 4 digits of your console’s unique MAC address. (Think of it like the serial number for the network interface) There are two ways to set the correct IP; Automatic (DHCP) or Manual Static IP setting. If your PS4 is connected directly to your computer with an Ethernet cable like the examples above automatic IP address assignment should work for you just fine as long as XLink Kai is started and logged in before the PS4 is powered on.
- If your PS4 is connected to your regular home network or is on your WiFi it is highly recommended you set a Static IP as detailed below. Automatic IP assignment is literally racing against your router to offer an IP address first and will often lose. Setting the IP manually ensures the smoothest experience possible.
Setting up PS4’s IP Address
- Navigate on your PS4 to Settings > Network > View Connection Status. Take note of current settings, look for the line that shows LAN Mac Address, specifically the last 4 digits.
- Navigate to:
- Select Playstation 4 and input the last 4 digits. Select Calculate IP Address.
- Back to the PS4 navigate to Set Up Internet Connection > LAN Cable > Custom
IP Address: Manual
Input the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Router and Primary DNS from the Calculator.
MTU Settings: Automatic
Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Playing a game using XLink Kai
- Start XLink Kai and log in.
- Load a supported game.
- On PC navigate to Game Arenas > Select your game.
- Search for matches and click Metrics. Scroll down and check if you have Configured OK.
- Done, enjoy!