Remote Package Installer | Orbis Unjailed
What is Remote Package Installer and why would I use it?
- Remote Package Installer is a homebrew application that will allow sending your packages from your PC to the PS4 without the need to use USB drives.
- With the use of this application, you can replicate Sony’s way of download and installing packages, acting the same way (downloading, installing, unpacking, etc).
Installing and setting up Remote Package Installer
- Remote Package Installer can be downloaded and installed via Homebrew Store.
- After installing, open it and keep it open. The app will just show the splash screen.
- Download and install/unpack:
- After installing everything, open cmd and paste the following command: npm install http-server -g
- In cmd paste the following command: ipconfig. In IPv4 section, take note of IP Address.
- Open PS4 PKG Sender. Server IP is your PC’s IP Address. Input your PS4 IP in PS4 IP section.
- Drag and drop your packages into the program.
- Select Send Package. Your packages will start to be sent to the PS4.
Improving the speed of Remote Package Installer
- For the best connection possible, use ethernet cable connection.
- For computers or laptops with a Wi-Fi adapter and a ethernet port, you can connect a ethernet cable directly from the PS4 to the PC. On your PC open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter settings > Right-click your Wi-Fi adapter > Proprieties > Sharing tab > Check Allow other networks to connect through this computer’s internet connection. For those who have a drop-down menu, select Ethernet. Select OK.